Equity and the Law of TrustsPaperback
Free delivery worldwide
Dispatched in 2 business days
When will my order arrive?
- Publisher: Oxford University Press
- Format: Paperback | 840 pages
- Dimensions: 170mm x 244mm x 48mm | 1,429g
- Publication date: 25 October 2012
- Publication City/Country: Oxford
- ISBN 10: 0199694958
- ISBN 13: 9780199694952
- Edition: 12, Revised
- Edition statement: 12th Revised edition
- Illustrations note: Yes
- Sales rank: 265,039
This well-established and respected textbook has been relied upon by students and academic scholars for nearly 50 years. Praised for the clarity of the writing, the comprehensive scope of the content and the high level of critical analysis, Professor Philip Pettit builds on the strengths of the book to offer students a rigorous and yet readable account of equity and trusts law. The basic structure of the previous edition has not been substantially altered. The diagrams introduced in the 11th edition have been well received and have been retained, as has the glossary. There has been some rearrangement of matters within chapters which will, it is hoped, clarify the exposition. Online Resource Centre Three additional chapters can be accessed on the Online Resource Centre: Conversion and Reconversion; Satisfaction, Ademption and Performance; and The Equitable Doctrine and Election. Along with the chapters appearing in the 12th edition, these chapters have been updated to reflect changes in the field.
Other people who viewed this bought:
Other books in this category
Philip H.Pettit is a Barrister of the Middle Temple and Emeritus Professor of Equity of the Universities of Bristol and Buckingham.
Review from previous edition A highly authoritative and extremely rigorously researched text, containing accurate coverage of all academic subjects in the law of trusts. Hazel McLean, Teaching Fellow in Law, University of Exeter
Table of contents
1. History of the Court of Chancery and Introduction to Equity ; 2. The Trust Concept ; 3. The Essentials of a Trust ; 4. Classification and Juristic Nature of Trusts ; 5. Formal Requirements of Express Trusts ; 6. Completely and Incompletely Constituted Trusts ; 7. Secret Trusts and Mutual Wills ; 8. Constructive Trusts ; 9. Resulting Trusts ; 10. Common Intention Constructive Trusts; Proprietary Estoppel; Licences ; 11. Unlawful Trusts ; 12. Voidable Trusts ; 13. Charitable Trusts ; 14. The Administration of Charities ; 15. Trustees ; 16. Duties of Trustees ; 17. The Investment of Trust Funds ; 18. Evenhandedness as Between the Beneficiaries ; 19. The Fiduciary Nature of Trusteeship ; 20. Appointment of Agents, Nominees and Custodians; Delegation of Trusts ; 21. Power of Trustees ; 22. Variation of Trusts ; 23. Breach of Trust ; 24. Following and Tracing ; 25. Injunctions I - Nature; Damages in Lieu; Enforcement ; 26. Injunctions II - Principles Governing Grant of Injunctions ; 27. Injunctions III - Injunctions in Particular Types of Cases ; 28. Specific Performance ; 29. Other Equitable Remedies ; Glossary