The Encyclopedia of Exercise, Sport and HealthPaperback
Free delivery worldwide
Dispatched in 2 business days
When will my order arrive?
- Publisher: Allen & Unwin
- Format: Paperback | 512 pages
- Dimensions: 175mm x 229mm x 31mm | 930g
- Publication date: 1 September 2004
- Publication City/Country: Sydney
- ISBN 10: 1741140587
- ISBN 13: 9781741140583
- Illustrations note: 200 b&w photos and line illus
- Sales rank: 507,384
An A-Z guide to fitness, training, nutrition, psychology, injuries, prevention, diagnosis and treatment, with over 2000 entries, clearly illustrated with photos and line drawings.
Other books in this category
$19.48 - Save $4.07 17% off - RRP $23.55
$46.87 - Save $20.69 30% off - RRP $67.56
$15.95 - Save $7.60 32% off - RRP $23.55
$27.50 - Save $18.85 40% off - RRP $46.35
$13.09 - Save $7.32 35% off - RRP $20.41
$16.10 - Save $8.96 35% off - RRP $25.06
Dr. Peter Brukner is an associate professor in sports medicine at the Centre for Sports Medicine Research and Education at the University of Melbourne. He has been the clinic director at the Olympic Park Sports Medicine Centre in Melbourne since 1987 and has served two terms as president of the Australian College of Sports Physicians. He is the coauthor of "Clinical Sports Medicine," the senior associate editor of the "Clinical Journal of Sport Medicine" and "The Physician and Sports Medicine," and the former editor of "Sport Health." He was an Australian team physician at the Atlanta Olympic Games and team manager of the Australian athletics team at the Sydney Olympics. Dr. Karim Khan is a consultant physician at the Allan McGavin Sports Medicine Clinic and an assistant professor in family practice and human kinetics at the University of British Columbia. He has been the physician for the Australian women's basketball team and the Australian Ballet. He lives in Vancouver, Canada. John Kron is a physiotherapist who has written on health topics for magazines and newspapers. He is the former sports medicine writer for "Australian Doctor."
Table of contents
1) Introduction to the human body and physical activity2) A-Z entries: concise definitions and explanations of approximately 2000 entries such as Acupuncture, Aerobic training, Arthritis, Children, Dehydration, Lactic acid, Tennis Elbow, Mouthguard, Pregnancy, Triathlon etc.3) The Ins and Outs of Drugs4) Emergencies and First Aid5) Index