Emergency: One Man's Story of a Dangerous World, and How to Stay Alive in itPaperback
List price $18.61
You save $3.61 19% off
Free delivery worldwide
Dispatched in 1 business day
When will my order arrive?
- Publisher: Canongate Books Ltd
- Format: Paperback | 320 pages
- Dimensions: 136mm x 213mm x 32mm | 483g
- Publication date: 2 April 2009
- Publication City/Country: Edinburgh
- ISBN 10: 1847675271
- ISBN 13: 9781847675279
- Edition statement: Main
- Illustrations note: Illustrations, ports.
- Sales rank: 73,906
With the same sharp eye, quick wit and narrative drive that made "The Game" a bestseller, Neil Strauss takes us on a white-knuckle journey through America's heart of darkness as he scrambles to escape the system. As the economic downturn, continuing climate change and the prevailing terrorist threat prove that the dangers facing our world loom larger than ever, Strauss decides he's had enough. Soon he is investigating ways of getting second citizenship on the island of St. Kitts, protecting his assets offshore, and making friends with an elite group of billionaires who are thinking exactly the same thing. Strauss' thirst for survival becomes more extreme as he prepares for The End Of The World As We Know It. He trains with guns, learns American Indian tracking skills, hides caches of supplies and acquires a special forces motorcycle to help him 'bug out'. When The Shit Hits The Fan, this book might just save your life.
Other books in this category
USD$10.39 - Save $3.57 25% off - RRP $13.96
USD$11.16 - Save $1.24 10% off - RRP $12.40
USD$6.23 - Save $1.76 22% off - RRP $7.99
USD$7.34 - Save $1.96 21% off - RRP $9.30
USD$7.70 - Save $1.29 14% off - RRP $8.99
USD$9.87 - Save $2.53 20% off - RRP $12.40
Neil Strauss is the author of the New York Times bestsellers The Game and Rules of the Game. He is also the coauthor of three New York Times bestsellers - Jenna Jameson's How to Make Love Like a Porn Star, Motley Crue's The Dirt, and Marilyn Manson's The Long Hard Road Out of Hell - as well as Dave Navarro's Don't Try This at Home, a Los Angeles Times bestseller. A writer for Rolling Stone, Strauss lives in Los Angeles and can be found at www.neilstrauss.com.
* The world is in crisis. If you're looking for an escape plan, this book is it. Rolling Stone * Like a George Plimpton for the 21st Century, Neil Strauss has mastered the art of the professional amateur. In Emergency, he manages to find the humor in an otherwise frightening time, with wit, wisdom and often hilarious repercussions. Maxim * If you've ever wanted to beat the system, get off the grid, or become an escape artist, this is your manual. -- Tim Ferriss, author of the #1 NEW YORK TIMES bestseller, THE 4-HOUR WORKWEEK Fast-paced, often hysterically funny, Emergency is the ultimate self-help manual for those determined to be the last man standing. Mail on Sunday 20090412