Elephants: A Book for ChildrenHardback
Free delivery worldwide
Dispatched in 3 business days
When will my order arrive?
- Publisher: Thames & Hudson Ltd
- Format: Hardback | 64 pages
- Dimensions: 254mm x 296mm x 14mm | 760g
- Publication date: 1 April 2008
- Publication City/Country: London
- ISBN 10: 0500543445
- ISBN 13: 9780500543443
- Illustrations note: c.55 colour illustrations
- Sales rank: 141,231
From Babar to Dumbo, the elephant has long fascinated children as well as their parents. Here, eighty stunning photographs encompass every aspect of the elephant's life and world: elephants big and small, African and Asian, in the wild and domesticated, at play and at rest. Whether taken from the air, from underwater, or from the side of a jeep, these images will capture the imagination of any child. Steve Bloom's extraordinary photographs depict the elephants in their natural environment as well as in their unique relationships with people. Here are elephant babies playing in the dust, families rolling in the mud, polo-playing elephants, elephants at bath time, impressive herds roaming the plains, and much more. The entertaining texts by David Henry Wilson explain anything and everything of interest about elephants, from why they flap their ears to how much they weigh and how much they eat.
Other people who viewed this bought:
USD$6.86 - Save $2.13 23% off - RRP $8.99
USD$14.03 - Save $2.96 17% off - RRP $16.99
USD$5.81 - Save $1.68 22% off - RRP $7.49
Other books in this category
USD$6.98 - Save $0.01 - RRP $6.99
USD$8.78 - Save $1.71 16% off - RRP $10.49
USD$6.80 - Save $1.19 14% off - RRP $7.99
USD$6.06 - Save $2.93 32% off - RRP $8.99
USD$7.73 - Save $0.23 (2%) - RRP $7.96
Steve Bloom is a bestselling photographer of the natural world. Among his other books are Elephant! and Spirit of the Wild, both published by Thames Hudson in 2006. David Henry Wilson is an immensely popular author of children's books, notably the 'Jeremy James' series.
Table of contents
1. Trunks, Tusks and Tails: Trunks; Tusks; Ears; Tails; Size, Strength and Speed; 2. Family and Friends: Babies; The Family; The Herd; Old Age; 3. From Dawn to Dusk: Eating and Drinking; Washing; Swimming; Playing; Fighting; Sleeping; 4. Elephants and Humans: Carrying Logs; Carrying People; Sport; Festivals; 5. Elephants and Other Animals: The Lion; The Gazelle; The Birds; The Waterhole.