Educational Leadership: Together Creating Ethical Learning EnvironmentsPaperback
Free delivery worldwide
Dispatched in 2 business days
When will my order arrive?
- Publisher: CAMBRIDGE UNIVERSITY PRESS
- Format: Paperback | 252 pages
- Dimensions: 156mm x 232mm x 18mm | 640g
- Publication date: 30 July 2012
- Publication City/Country: Cambridge
- ISBN 10: 1107637899
- ISBN 13: 9781107637894
- Edition: 2, Revised
- Edition statement: 2nd Revised edition
- Illustrations note: 7 b/w illus.
- Sales rank: 61,285
The second edition of Educational Leadership: Together Creating Ethical Learning Environments is a groundbreaking work at the forefront of current research into the ethical challenges inherent to leadership. Patrick Duignan combines a new perspective of leadership as an influence relationship, with a collective ethic of responsibility. Educational Leadership draws together cutting-edge research, theory and best practice on learning, teaching and leadership to assist leaders and teachers to better understand contemporary educational challenges and respond to them wisely, creatively and effectively. This book is indispensable for all system and educational professionals engaged in policy-making, leadership development, leading learning in schools and those in academe responsible for programs aimed at the improvement of learning, teaching and leadership.
Other people who viewed this bought:
$18.31 - Save $0.42 (2%) - RRP $18.73
$21.37 - Save $6.73 23% off - RRP $28.10
$24.24 - Save $2.71 10% off - RRP $26.95
$12.75 - Save $7.54 37% off - RRP $20.29
$11.47 - Save $4.14 26% off - RRP $15.61
$37.94 - Save $10.41 21% off - RRP $48.35
Other books in this category
$16.84 - Save $11.26 40% off - RRP $28.10
$11.68 - Save $3.93 25% off - RRP $15.61
$10.64 - Save $9.65 47% off - RRP $20.29
$32.60 - Save $15.75 32% off - RRP $48.35
For 12 years Patrick was Foundation Chair in Educational Leadership and Director of the Flagship for Creative and Authentic Leadership at ACU National where he championed ethical and moral leadership, especially in not-for-profit organisations. Duignan has been involved in many research projects, most recently as director on a project for reflective research and action learning for educational leaders on their capacity to build their 'fields of influence' in order to impact positively on student outcomes in schools.
Table of contents
1. The changing and challenging context for educational leaders; 2. Key macro challenges for educational leaders; 3. Key micro challenges for educational leaders; 4. Leadership challenges as tensions; 5. A framework for analysing ethical tensions; 6. Vision-Inspired leadership and ethical decision-making; 7. Building a collective ethic of responsibility for leadership in schools; 8. Authentic leaders use the power of presence, authentic relationships, and influence fields; 9. Authentic leaders help create Innovating, deep, rich learning environments; 10. Forming capable and authentic leaders: transformational learning approaches.