Education Policy UnravelledPaperback
- Publisher: Continuum Publishing Corporation
- Format: Paperback | 208 pages
- Dimensions: 168mm x 242mm x 18mm | 399g
- Publication date: 30 July 2012
- Publication City/Country: New York
- ISBN 10: 144113073X
- ISBN 13: 9781441130730
- Sales rank: 800,288
This is a comprehensive introduction to the nature of contemporary education policy, its purposes and political formation which supports readers to engage in contemporary policy analysis. "Education Policy Unravelled" examines the nature of contemporary education policy, its purposes and political formation. It charts the continuity of policy development along neo-liberal lines, moving from New Labour to the emerging position of the Coalition government. Contrary to popular belief about recent radical change in education policy, the author team draw attention to the fact that there have been strong similarities and nuanced disagreements between successive modern governments. Written in an accessible style, the book contains a number of pedagogical features designed to appeal to students as a means to inform thinking and understanding around key policy issues. It is an invaluable guide for students engaging with education policy as it uses a variety of key elements of policy theory in order to support students through some of the complexities involved in contemporary policy analysis and critique.
Other people who viewed this bought:
$33.12 - Save $3.76 10% off - RRP $36.88
$38.51 - Save $1.32 (3%) - RRP $39.83
$37.99 - Save $36.98 49% off - RRP $74.97
$14.59 - Save $2.41 14% off - RRP $17.00
Other books in this category
$37.63 - Save $1.42 (3%) - RRP $39.05
$10.51 - Save $4.33 29% off - RRP $14.84
$49.44 - Save $0.53 (1%) - RRP $49.97
$35.26 - Save $5.28 13% off - RRP $40.54
$35.23 - Save $7.73 17% off - RRP $42.96
Gillian Forrester is Principal Lecturer and Deputy Centre Leader for Education and Childhood Studies at Liverpool John Moores University, UK. Dean Garratt is Reader in Education in the Faculty of Education and Children's Services at the University of Chester, UK.
Table of contents
1. The Development of Education Policy in the Modern Era; 2. Education: Improvement or Control?; 3. Policy and Social Justice; 4. The Evolving Primary Curriculum; 5. Post-compulsory Education; 6. Economics of Education; 7. Education and Ethnicity; 8 Globalisation and Policy Borrowing; 9. Possibilities for Education Policy; References; Index.