Diaries from Hell - My Prison Diaries: My Prison DiariesHardback
Free delivery worldwide
Dispatched in 1 business day
When will my order arrive?
- Publisher: Y Lolfa Cyf
- Format: Hardback | 464 pages
- Dimensions: 150mm x 234mm x 46mm | 898g
- Publication date: 31 December 2009
- Publication City/Country: Talybont
- ISBN 10: 1847711162
- ISBN 13: 9781847711168
- Illustrations note: Illustrations, facsims., ports.
- Sales rank: 903,909
Charles Bronson is without a doubt the UK's no.1 'Birdman'. This book includes his poems, illustrations and correspondence, anecdotes about his fellow cons, and his unique take on our crazy 'celebrity-obsessed' world. By turns hilarious and tragic, Diaries from Hell is a fascinating trip inside the mind of the man dubbed by the media as 'Britain's most violent prisoner'.
Other people who viewed this bought:
Other books in this category
USD$10.54 - Save $4.99 32% off - RRP $15.53
USD$9.47 - Save $4.50 32% off - RRP $13.97
USD$10.31 - Save $3.66 26% off - RRP $13.97
USD$6.57 - Save $1.42 17% off - RRP $7.99
USD$10.63 - Save $1.79 14% off - RRP $12.42
USD$8.98 - Save $3.44 27% off - RRP $12.42
Charles Bronson was born in Aberystwyth in 1952 and was a gentle and mild-mannered child. After moving to Luton, he earned a living as a circus strongman and then, for a short period in the East End of London, as a bareknuckle boxer. He was jailed for seven years for stealing GBP26.18 in a bungled armed robbery on a tobacconist. His sentence was then repeatedly extended for crimes committed within prison. He has spent time in over 120 different prisons and, since 1974, has spent a total of around 4 months out of custody. He remains a Category A prisoner at Wakefield High-Security Prison. In 2002 he published the book "Solitary Fitness". He now occupies his time writing poetry and producing works of art, winning a record 11 Koestler Awards. "Bronson", a biopic of his life, was released by Vertigo Films in March 2009.
Table of contents
1. Turn the lights off on the way out 2. Who painted the rainbow black? 3. Loony Letters to Uncle Charlie 4. Hollywodd, Bollywod & Loonywood 5. Reach up and kiss the sky! 6. Dead man laughing 7. Remember me to Santa! 8. Broadmoor kiss my arse! 9. Lick it and suck it! 10. Peace,love and blood!