Dawn Chorus: A Sound Portrait of a British Woodland at SunriseCD-Audio British Library - British Library Sound Archive
Free delivery worldwide
Dispatched in 2 business days
When will my order arrive?
- Publisher: The British Library Publishing Division
- Format: CD-Audio
- Dimensions: 124mm x 142mm x 10mm | 100g
- Publication date: 15 February 2010
- Publication City/Country: London
- ISBN 10: 0712305203
- ISBN 13: 9780712305204
- Sales rank: 179,955
This is the perfect chance to immerse yourself in the uplifting sounds of a perfect country morning, from the comfort of your own home. At dawn, in our countryside, there is a pronounced peak in bird singing activity. This is especially noticeable for about an hour after the first light in temperate zone woodlands during spring and early summer. At this time, male birds defend their territories and attract females with their songs. The recordings on this CD are a selection of British woodland recordings, taken from the extensive collection of the wildlife section of the British Library sound archive.
Other people who viewed this bought:
USD$8.48 - Save $5.25 38% off - RRP $13.73
USD$14.24 - Save $0.61 (4%) - RRP $14.85
USD$16.90 - Save $8.09 32% off - RRP $24.99
USD$38.99 - Save $12.98 24% off - RRP $51.97
USD$35.80 - Save $16.09 31% off - RRP $51.89
USD$10.04 - Save $5.70 36% off - RRP $15.74
Other books in this category
"" We have a splendid collection in the British Library disks...(they are) to be highly praised as a venture."
Table of contents
1. Brock Wood, Burwash Common, East Sussex 13 June 1998 (Duration: 19.18) Blackbird, Woodpigeon, Robin, Wren, Carrion Crow, Song Thrust, Chiffchaff, Pheasant; also sounds of sheep, peacock and a dog. 2. Brock Wood, Burwash Common, East Sussex 4 July 1999 (Duration: 11.49) Chiffchaff, Blackcap, Carrion Crow, Woodpigeon, Blackbird, Robin, and other woodland bird sounds; also flies, Magpie, peacock. 3. Batt's Wood, East Sussex 13 July 1999 (Duration: 10.35) Song Thrush, Garden Warbler, Woodpigeon, Willow Warbler, Carrion Crow, Blackbird, Cuckoo, Turtle Dove, Nightingale, Whitethroat; also Pere David's Deer (distant bellowing sounds), sheep, Pheasant and a dog. 4. Pitts Wood, New Forest, Hampshire 28 May 2003 (Duration: 11.50) Stock Dove, Wren, Woodpigeon, Carrion Crow, Cuckoo, Jay, Blackbird, Pheasant, Goldcrest, Willow Warbler, Song Thrush; also bees. 5. Widecombe-in-the-Moor, Dartmoor, Devon 22 May 2003 (Duration: 18.53) Cuckoo, Wren, Raven, Willow Warbler, Carrion Crow, Blackbird; also bees and a distant stream.