The Creation of Confederate Nationalism: Ideology and Identity in the Civil War SouthPaperback WALTER LYNWOOD FLEMING LECTURES IN SOUTHERN HISTORY
Free delivery worldwide
Dispatched in 3 business days
When will my order arrive?
- Publisher: Louisiana State University Press
- Format: Paperback | 110 pages
- Dimensions: 140mm x 211mm x 5mm | 159g
- Publication date: 1 February 1990
- Publication City/Country: Baton Rouge
- ISBN 10: 0807116068
- ISBN 13: 9780807116067
- Edition: New edition
- Edition statement: New edition
- Illustrations note: Illustrations, facsims.
- Sales rank: 1,726,057
Analyzes the role nationalism played in the Confederacy and demonstrates how it changed and eventually defeated the social and political order it had been created to preserve.
Add item to wishlist
Other books in this category
USD$24.58 - Save $9.67 28% off - RRP $34.25
USD$9.74 - Save $4.26 30% off - RRP $14.00
USD$11.54 - Save $2.46 17% off - RRP $14.00
USD$16.53 - Save $12.99 44% off - RRP $29.52
Drew Gilpin Faust is professor of American civilization at the University of Pennsylvania. She is the editor of The Ideology of Slavery: The Proslavery Argument in the Old South, 1830-1860 and author of James Henry Hammond and the Old South: A Design for Mastery, which received the Charles S. Syndor Award and the Jules F. Landry Award.