Creating Person-Centred Organizations in Health, Social Care and the Third SectorPaperback
List price $46.85
You save $0.61 (1%)
Free delivery worldwide
Dispatched in 3 business days
When will my order arrive?
- Publisher: JESSICA KINGSLEY PUBLISHERS
- Format: Paperback | 176 pages
- Dimensions: 156mm x 234mm x 18mm | 544g
- Publication date: 15 August 2012
- Publication City/Country: London
- ISBN 10: 1849052603
- ISBN 13: 9781849052603
- Sales rank: 222,633
Person-centred thinking and planning are approaches that give people using social care and health services the freedom to plan their future, with a personal budget and the right to commission personalised services. "Creating Person Centred Organisations" is a guide for organisations who want to deliver personalised services. Key issues covered include attending to the vision, strategy and business planning of the organisation, as well as organisational processes, culture and managing changes. Drawing on the pioneering work of major social care charity United Response, the authors provide a wealth of practical tools and techniques to enable organisations within health, social care and the third sector to use person-centred thinking tools and approaches to move towards becoming person-centred organisations. This is an essential guide for managers and leaders within private, statutory and voluntary organisations.
Other books in this category
$12.34 - Save $3.27 20% off - RRP $15.61
$18.65 - Save $9.45 33% off - RRP $28.10
$8.00 - Save $1.36 14% off - RRP $9.36
$19.23 - Save $7.31 27% off - RRP $26.54
$13.18 - Save $0.32 (2%) - RRP $13.50
$41.93 - Save $9.60 18% off - RRP $51.53
Stephen Stirk is Director of the social care charity United Response. He has had over 30 years' experience in human resources, organization development and line management positions, including specialism in organization design and development with GlaxoSmithKline. Helen Sanderson is Director, Helen Sanderson Associates. She has written extensively on person-centred thinking, planning, community building and Individual Service Funds. She has worked with a range of providers to enable them to deliver more personalised services. She is co-author (with Jaimee Lewis) of A Practical Guide to Delivering Personalisation: Person-Centred Practice in Health and Social Care (Jessica Kingsley Publishers).
Table of contents
1. Introduction and Purpose.; 2. Vision, Strategy and Business Planning.; 3. Organisation and Business Process Design.; 4. Managing External Interfaces and Input.; 5. Leadership and Culture.; 6. Quality, Risk and Knowledge Management.; 7. Change Management.; 8. Communications, Consultation, Participation and Engagement.; 9. Relationships and Behaviours.; 10. Appendix - Self-Assessment.