Cookery for the Hospitality IndustryPaperback
List price $37.18
Unavailable - AbeBooks may have this title.
Additional formats available
- Paperback $85.32
- Publisher: CAMBRIDGE UNIVERSITY PRESS
- Format: Paperback | 672 pages
- Dimensions: 180mm x 246mm x 45mm | 1,361g
- Publication date: 8 June 2000
- Publication City/Country: Cambridge
- ISBN 10: 0521776090
- ISBN 13: 9780521776097
- Edition: 4, Revised
- Edition statement: 4th Revised edition
- Illustrations note: glossary, index
Cookery for the Hospitality Industry is the Australian standard reference for commercial cookery students throughout Australia, and for those studying vocational courses in schools. The fifth edition has been fully revised and updated to reflect the latest curriculum changes, and the many significant developments in contemporary Australian cuisine. Cookery for the Hospitality Industry will provide trade apprentices and other commercial cookery students at AQF levels 1-3 with everything they need to know to achieve trade status, and more. As such, Cookery for the Hospitality Industry is the only text for commercial cookery students which genuinely addresses the needs of Australian students, by covering Australian qualifications, and reflecting Australian conditions, Australian ingredients, and Australia's unique cuisine. This new edition includes a bonus CD-ROM, making this edition of the book a 'one stop shop' for all those learning commercial cookery.
Other books in this category
USD$14.06 - Save $4.93 25% off - RRP $18.99
USD$17.90 - Save $13.07 42% off - RRP $30.97
USD$13.46 - Save $12.15 47% off - RRP $25.61
USD$13.85 - Save $5.54 28% off - RRP $19.39
USD$5.67 - Save $0.32 (5%) - RRP $5.99
Graham Dodgshun was formerly Deputy Director, of William Anglis Institute of TAFE in Victoria. He taught hospitality subjects for many years and has owned and run a restaurant and a bakery.
Table of contents
1. Introduction; 2. Catering hygiene and HACCP principles; 3. Occupational health and safety; 4. Kitchen organisation; 5. Menu planning; 6. Nutrition; 7. Cost control in the commercial kitchen; 8. Methods of cookery; 9. Food preparation and mise en place; 10. Appetisers and salads; 11. Sandwiches and related products; 12. Sauces; 13. Soups; 14. Eggs; 15. Rice, pasta, gnocchi and noodles; 16. Seafood; 17. Poultry; 18. Meat; 19. Game; 20. Vegetables and fruit; 21. Buffet and cold larder; 22. Pastries, cakes and yeast goods; 23. Hot and cold desserts; 24. Cheese; 25. Australian bush foods; 26. Food preservation.