Contraception: Your Questions AnsweredPaperback Your Questions Answered
List price $54.88
You save $4.94 (9%)
Free delivery worldwide
Dispatched in 1 business day
When will my order arrive?
- Publisher: CHURCHILL LIVINGSTONE
- Format: Paperback | 608 pages
- Dimensions: 132mm x 200mm x 24mm | 680g
- Publication date: 5 December 2012
- Publication City/Country: London
- ISBN 10: 0702046191
- ISBN 13: 9780702046193
- Edition: 6, Revised
- Edition statement: 6th Revised edition
- Illustrations note: ill
- Sales rank: 91,090
2013 BMA Medical Book Awards Highly Commended in Primary Health Care! Now in edition 6, Contraception: Your Questions Answered has been completely revised and updated to incorporate all the latest information about contraception methods, effectiveness, mechanisms, side-effects and complications.
Other people who viewed this bought:
USD$75.78 - Save $8.07 (9%) - RRP $83.85
USD$48.84 - Save $7.56 13% off - RRP $56.40
USD$58.69 - Save $2.30 (3%) - RRP $60.99
Other books in this category
USD$16.96 - Save $5.90 25% off - RRP $22.86
USD$14.21 - Save $4.09 22% off - RRP $18.30
USD$22.84 - Save $5.11 18% off - RRP $27.95
USD$16.89 - Save $9.02 34% off - RRP $25.91
USD$14.81 - Save $8.05 35% off - RRP $22.86
Back cover copy
Now in edition 6, "Contraception: Your Questions Answered" has been completely revised and updated to incorporate all the latest information. New to this edition: New methods Combined hormonal contraception: Qlaira Implant: Nexplanon Emergency contraception: ulipristal acetate New regimens Extended and continuous combined hormonal contraception Quick starting and bridging? Updates Drug interactions and hormonal contraception Missed pill rules New co-author, Anne MacGregor . Director of Clinical Research, the City of London Migraine Clinic . Honorary Professor, Centre for Neuroscience & Trauma, Blizard Institute of Cell and Molecular Science, Barts and the London School of Medicine and Dentistry . Associate Specialist in Sexual and Reproductive Healthcare, Barts Sexual Health Centre, St Bartholomew's Hospital, London From reviews of the previous edition: 'Provides a wealth of information... graphically illustrates the need for practitioners to be thoroughly knowledgeable.'" Toni Belfield, Director of Information, Family Planning Association"
Table of contents
1. Introduction: the population explosion, sexual and contraceptive history-taking and counselling - the importance of fertility control. 2. Aspects of human fertility and fertility awareness: natural birth control. 3. Male methods of contraception. 4. Vaginal methods of contraception. 5. The combined oral contraceptive - selection and eligibility. 6. The combined oral contraceptive - follow-up arrangements and new routes of administration. 7. The progestogen-only pill. 8. Injectables and implants. 9. Intrauterine devices and systems. 10. Emergency (postcoital) contraception. 11. Contraception for the young, the not quite so young - and in future. Further reading. Websites. Appendices.