Conceptual Models of Nursing: Analysis and ApplicationPaperback
List price $87.36
Unavailable - AbeBooks may have this title.
- Publisher: Prentice Hall
- Format: Paperback | 368 pages
- Dimensions: 152mm x 226mm x 23mm | 526g
- Publication date: 2 July 2004
- Publication City/Country: Upper Saddle River
- ISBN 10: 0130480606
- ISBN 13: 9780130480606
- Edition: 4, Revised
- Edition statement: 4th Revised edition
- Sales rank: 1,595,693
For graduate-level nursing theory courses, and/or professional issues courses. Designed to help students understand the development and evaluation of the theoretical base for nursing practice research and education, this text familiarizes students with a broad range of nursing models and their roles in nursing practice. With an emphasis on the application of nursing theories for the advanced practice student, strong attention is given to the relevance of nursing theory to nursing classification systems that are used in advanced practice.
Add item to wishlist
Other people who viewed this bought:
USD$99.99 - Save $34.97 25% off - RRP $134.96
USD$89.46 - Save $39.26 30% off - RRP $128.72
USD$174.70 - Save $113.94 39% off - RRP $288.64
USD$81.93 - Save $33.45 28% off - RRP $115.38
USD$43.03 - Save $7.68 15% off - RRP $50.71
USD$89.99 - Save $31.63 26% off - RRP $121.62
Other books in this category
USD$10.30 - Save $2.17 17% off - RRP $12.47
USD$54.25 - Save $14.38 20% off - RRP $68.63
USD$15.51 - Save $1.64 (9%) - RRP $17.15
USD$18.25 - Save $7.75 29% off - RRP $26.00
Back cover copy
In presenting an overview of theoretical frameworks, "Conceptual Models of Nursing: Analysis and Application" familiarizes students with a broad range of nursing models and their roles in nursing practice. In this fourth edition, the focus is on the application of the nursing models to nursing practice, with specific attention to the relationship of the nursing models to nursing diagnoses guiding nursing interventions. INCLUDES Introductory chapter that addresses the overall context of this book within the theory development literature in nursing NEWSection focusing on nursing languages and classification systems Consistent analysis of each model allowing the reader to compare models for usefulness in research, education, and practice How nursing models might guide newer elements within nursing, such as standardized nursing languagesSuggested analysis and evaluation guidelines that nursing might use to address practice level theory "
Table of contents
1. Nursing Knowledge Development: Relevance to Science and Professional Practice. 2. The Structure of Nursing Knowledge: Analysis and Evaluation of Practice, Middle Range, and Grand Theory. 3. Florence Nightingale: Pioneer in Nursing Knowledge Development. 4. Peplau's Theory of Interpersonal Relations. 5. Henderson's Conceptualization of Nursing. 6. Johnson's Behavioral System Model. 7. Orem's Model of Self-Care. 8. Roy's Adaptation Model. 9. Leininger's Culture Care Theory. 10. Neuman's Systems Model. 11. King's Conceptual System and Theory of Goal Attainment. 12. Martha Rogers' Model: Science of Unitary Beings. 13. Newman's Theory of Health. 14. Watson's Model of Caring. 15. Fitzpatrick's Life Perspective Rhythm Model. Index.