Climate Change: Picturing the SciencePaperback
List price $28.27
You save $4.91 17% off
Free delivery worldwide
Dispatched in 2 business days
When will my order arrive?
- Publisher: WW Norton & Co
- Format: Paperback | 320 pages
- Dimensions: 198mm x 251mm x 25mm | 1,089g
- Publication date: 24 April 2009
- Publication City/Country: New York
- ISBN 10: 0393331253
- ISBN 13: 9780393331257
- Edition statement: Original
- Illustrations note: col. Illustrations
- Sales rank: 398,577
Going beyond the headlines, this unprecedented union of scientific analysis and stunning photography by leading climate scientist Gavin Schmidt and master photographer Joshua Wolfe illustrates the ramifications of a shifting climate on the global ecosystem. Marshalling data spanning centuries and continents, the book sparkles with cutting-edge research and visual records, including contributions from experts on atmospheric science, oceanography, paleoclimatology, technology, politics and the polar regions. As Jeffrey D. Sachs writes in his powerful foreword, 'Climate Change is a tour de force of public education.'
Other books in this category
$13.50 - Save $1.50 10% off - RRP $15.00
$12.92 - Save $4.35 25% off - RRP $17.27
$13.43 - Save $3.52 20% off - RRP $16.95
$16.20 - Save $1.07 (6%) - RRP $17.27
$19.20 - Save $2.72 12% off - RRP $21.92
* GAVIN SCHMIDT is a climate scientist at the NASA Goddard Institute for Space Studies as well as a co-founder of RealClimate.org. JOSHUA WOLFE's photography has appeared in Outside, Time Out and the Village Voice. He is a founder of GHG Photos, a leading photography agency specialising in climate change.
A combination of arresting images and lucid explanations of the science of global warming and the pursuit of global cooperation in adopting new, sustainable ways of living .the coverage is clear and bracing....In the midst of sobering reportage, the authors manage to appeal to our fascination with epic challenges. --Donna Seaman"