Call of the Camino: Myths, Legends and Pilgrim Stories on the Way to Santiago de CompostelaPaperback
List price $15.23
You save $1.71 11% off
Free delivery worldwide
Dispatched in 1 business day
When will my order arrive?
- Publisher: Findhorn Press Ltd.
- Format: Paperback | 208 pages
- Dimensions: 152mm x 228mm x 14mm | 322g
- Publication date: 1 October 2010
- Publication City/Country: Forres
- ISBN 10: 184409510X
- ISBN 13: 9781844095100
- Illustrations note: 1 black & white line drawings
- Sales rank: 68,858
The experiences of an ordinary man on the pilgrim's path are charted in this narrative that walks along the Camino Frances to the shrine of Saint James at Santiago de Compostela and then on to Finisterre, the westernmost point of Spain. The history of the Camino is recounted, as well as several of the myths, legends, and miracle stories that have become attached-and given special meaning-to this itinerary. Emphasizing that personal myths are an essential part of this lore, this chronicle also includes stories from the confraternity of the pilgrims, people from all corners of the world who visit this walk for a great diversity of reasons, but all of whom leave having experienced the same miracle-that this pilgrimage will play a defining role in their lives.
Other people who viewed this bought:
USD$18.69 - Save $1.12 (5%) - RRP $19.81
USD$24.14 - Save $15.81 39% off - RRP $39.95
USD$12.46 - Save $2.77 18% off - RRP $15.23
USD$18.68 - Save $2.65 12% off - RRP $21.33
USD$15.25 - Save $4.50 22% off - RRP $19.75
Other books in this category
USD$11.07 - Save $4.16 27% off - RRP $15.23
USD$15.42 - Save $15.00 49% off - RRP $30.42
USD$3.80 - Save $3.06 44% off - RRP $6.86
USD$4.12 - Save $3.49 45% off - RRP $7.61
USD$5.95 - Save $0.13 (2%) - RRP $6.08
USD$13.49 - Save $1.51 10% off - RRP $15.00
Robert Mullen is an author and a computer scientist. His short fiction has appeared in literary journals in several countries.
"Mullen brings a lovely blend of humour that always feels relevant and authentic ... the Call of the Camino ... might be the most important wake-up call of your life." -- John Brierley, author, The Camino Guides
Table of contents
1) Getting Going 2) Learning The Ropes 3) Find Your Own Way 4) Ship Of Fools 5) Heroes Of Spain 6) Old Stagers 7) Forgive Yourself 8) Cosas Del Camino 9) Driving Out Demons 10) Tending The Soul 11) Mountain Of Joy 12) Embracing The Saint 13) Embracing The Self 14) The End Of The World Epilogue