The C++ Programming Language: Language Library and Design TutorialPaperback
List price $81.21
Unavailable - AbeBooks may have this title.
- Publisher: Addison Wesley
- Format: Paperback | 1040 pages
- Dimensions: 188mm x 232mm x 38mm | 1,542g
- Publication date: 1 July 1997
- Publication City/Country: Boston
- ISBN 10: 0201889544
- ISBN 13: 9780201889543
- Edition: 3, Revised
- Edition statement: 3rd Revised edition
- Sales rank: 191,253
* Written by the inventor of the language, the book is the defining, classic text on the language that has become central to software development over the past five years. This third edition incorporates additions and changes on a major scale. In particular, the new edition is based on the ANSI/ISO C++ final draft with its many new language features - templates, exceptions, namespaces, and run-time type identification, to name a few - in addition to the C++ Standard Template Library that has revolutionized C++ development. * Throughout, the book does far more than merely describe every element of the language. The focus is on showing how the language is used as a tool for design and programming, and teaching the basic concepts programmers need to master C++. With this third edition, Stroustrup has made the book even more accessible to those new to the language while adding information and techniques that even expert C++ programmers will find invaluable.
Other people who viewed this bought:
$29.27 - Save $21.50 42% off - RRP $50.77
$26.95 - Save $2.71 (9%) - RRP $29.66
$61.50 - Save $11.90 16% off - RRP $73.40
$55.95 - Save $17.45 23% off - RRP $73.40
$60.14 - Save $8.58 12% off - RRP $68.72
$83.03 - Save $7.56 (8%) - RRP $90.59
Other books in this category
$38.68 - Save $22.23 36% off - RRP $60.91
$53.77 - Save $11.82 18% off - RRP $65.59
$9.98 - Save $4.86 32% off - RRP $14.84
$11.50 - Save $4.11 26% off - RRP $15.61
$10.90 - Save $3.14 22% off - RRP $14.04
Bjarne Stroustrup is the designer and original implementer of C++ and the author ofThe C++ Programming Language (first edition 1985, second edition 1991, third edition 1997),The Design and Evolution of C++ (1994), and Programming: Principles and Practice using C++ (2010). He is the College of Engineering Chair in Computer Science Distinguished Professor at Texas A&M University, a member of the National Academy of Engineering, and an AT&T Fellow. Before moving to academia, he worked for decades in AT&T Bell Labs. He is a founding member of the ISO C++ standards committee. Vist him on the web at www.research.att.com/~bs/.
Back cover copy
NOTE: Customers of this book, Errata for page 833 is now available in pdf form and can be downloaded from this page. This is a complete rewrite of the most widely read and most trusted book on C++. Based on the ANSI/ISO C++ final draft, this book covers the C++ language, its standard library, and key design techniques as an integrated whole."The C++ Programming Language "provides comprehensive coverage of C++ language features and standard library components. For example: abstract classes as interfaces class hierarchies for object-oriented programming templates as the basis for type-safe generic software exceptions for regular error handling namespaces for modularity in large-scale software run-time type identification for loosely coupled systems the C subset of C++ for C compatibility and system-level work standard containers and algorithms standard strings, I/O streams, and numerics With this third edition, Stroustrup makes C++ even more accessible to those new to the language while adding information and techniques that even expert C++ programmers will find invaluable.
Table of contents
INTRODUCTORY MATERIAL. Notes to the Reader. A Tour of C++. A Tour of the Standard Library. I. BASIC FACILITIES. Types and Declarations. Pointers, Arrays, and Structures. Expressions and Statements. Functions. Namespaces and Exceptions. Source Files and Programs. II. ABSTRACTION MECHANISMS. Classes. Operator Overloading. Derived Classes. Templates. Exception Handling. Class Hierarchies. III. THE STANDARD LIBRARY. Library Organization and Containers. Standard Containers. Algorithms and Function Objects. Iterators and Allocators. Strings. Streams. Numerics. IV. DESIGN USING C++. Development and Design. Design and Programming. Roles of Classes. APPENDICES. The C++ Grammar. Compatibility. Technicalities. 0201889544T04062001