$8.98 - Save $1.01 10% off - RRP $9.99 Free delivery worldwide Available
Dispatched in 2 business days When will my order arrive?
- Also available in...
- Hardback $14.53
DescriptionBurned, the twelfth installment in Sara Shepard's YA Pretty Little Liars series, is packed with thrilling secrets and spicy scandals. This #1 New York Times bestselling series is also a hit ABC Family original TV show.High school seniors Aria, Emily, Hanna, and Spencer have made some terrible mistakes, but nothing compares to what they did last spring break.Now the girls are packing their bags for a Caribbean cruise, hoping the trip will be a much-needed vacation from their stalker, A. But they should know by now that A won't be left high and dry.Sure enough, A shows up on deck, ready to send these pretty little liars to a watery grave. . . . .
- Published: 03 December 2013
- Format: Paperback 324 pages
- ISBN 13: 9780062081933 ISBN 10: 0062081934
- Sales rank: 46,605
Reviews for Burned
A great sequel.
Just like the previous books in the series, this cover features a liar (in this case that’s Aria) along with the title of the book in a unique font. I’m just starting to wonder if all the books which have Aria on the cover have something in common…
I started this book back in March, and stopped at 40% because of my dear finals, so I read 60% this afternoon, and I loved it! I’m so glad I left it for now, this book has a summer and vacation feeling to it.
The girls are finally on vacation and going on a cruise. They’re trying to get passed what they did back in Jamaica and all the A-drama, but good luck with that with A right on board.
Aria is enjoying the vacation with Noel, becomes a friend with someone who she may need to stay away from.
Emily is still burdened by the secret she hasn’t told her friends about yet and her family is not talking to her and they don’t even look her in the eye. A new and unwelcomed guest on the cruise takes her thoughts and heart. She’s so happy and can’t believe she’s lucky to be happy after all what they’ve done. But maybe she’s right, it’s too good to be true.
After getting over all this boy drama we’ve been through in the previous book, Hanna is finally relaxing with Mike and hoping to get her tanning right this time. She also makes a new awkward friend, whom she thinks can’t be trusted, probably because they know about an accident she was involved in sometime ago.
Will A be able to get them after all?! That’s what we all want to know!
What I loved:
- Okay, so this book is full of suspense and thriller. I’ve been holding my breath every time I sense something is going wrong. I just couldn’t help but suspect everyone on the cruise. Everyone was acting weird and off balance.
- The story is well built and way better than the previous book. It’s so intense and you expect A to jump at the liars every 5sec!
- The writing as usual is just smooth and really good.
- For some reason, the liars have matured a lot and they’re better at dealing with stuff, especially Aria, I liked her a lot in this book.
- Oh God the last few chapters! They were so tense. I had all types of emotions trying to finish them. They were great.
What I disliked:
- Mainly one thing: why does the author keep making the liars so stupid? It’s way obvious from the beginning that A is setting them up just like the previous book. It was so tiring reading many chapters just wishing they could have avoided all this trouble just if “they’d learned anything” from what happened before.
I can’t talk about most of the characters because I’ll spoil the story.
Aria is my favorite in this book. She’s so mature, calm, friendly and just the best in the group.
Emily is the emotional one, she’s always comforting and taking care of others ignoring her own problems.
Spencer is over thinking stuff which only helps A in his/her plan. But she’s way better than before, she’s mostly scared A will sabotage her new relationship to get to her.
Hanna is enjoying the cruise and throughout the story she stays out of trouble and tries to enjoy a vacation without A coming across her mind every second.
Ever told a lie to save yourself? Maybe you blamed the dent in your parents’ Mercedes on your brother so you could still go to the spring formal. Maybe you told your Algebra teacher you weren’t part o… --- Hit and Run.
Clownfish are pretty,
Starfish are pale.
Will Aria’s boyfriend
Visit her in jail?
—A --- Chapter 19: Dead Man’s Float.
Emily: I’m okay. Not going to where we planned, but somewhere even better. We’ll find each other someday—that’s a promise. --- Chapter 33: Emily Gets Her Wishes.
This is, yet again, one of my favorite reads this year. I’m so excited to be coming closer to the end of this series and yet I’m so sad it’s going to end (in next December! *_*). by Randa