Building Parallel, Embedded, and Real-Time Applications with AdaHardback
List price $117.16
You save $17.31 14% off
Free delivery worldwide
Dispatched in 1 business day
When will my order arrive?
- Publisher: CAMBRIDGE UNIVERSITY PRESS
- Format: Hardback | 386 pages
- Dimensions: 176mm x 250mm x 28mm | 898g
- Publication date: 16 May 2011
- Publication City/Country: Cambridge
- ISBN 10: 0521197163
- ISBN 13: 9780521197168
- Illustrations note: 50 b/w illus. 140 exercises
- Sales rank: 916,529
The arrival and popularity of multi-core processors has sparked a renewed interest in the development of parallel programs. Similarly, the availability of low-cost microprocessors and sensors has generated a great interest in embedded real-time programs. This book provides students and programmers whose backgrounds are in traditional sequential programming with the opportunity to expand their capabilities into parallel, embedded, real-time and distributed computing. It also addresses the theoretical foundation of real-time scheduling analysis, focusing on theory that is useful for actual applications. Written by award-winning educators at a level suitable for undergraduates and beginning graduate students, this book is the first truly entry-level textbook in the subject. Complete examples allow readers to understand the context in which a new concept is used, and enable them to build and run the examples, make changes, and observe the results.
Other books in this category
$42.75 - Save $15.03 26% off - RRP $57.78
$37.74 - Save $20.04 34% off - RRP $57.78
$34.98 - Save $25.16 41% off - RRP $60.14
$24.63 - Save $14.41 36% off - RRP $39.04
$48.35 - Save $20.37 29% off - RRP $68.72
$42.15 - Save $20.32 32% off - RRP $62.47
John McCormick is Professor of Computer Science at the University of Northern Iowa. Frank Singhoff is Professor of Computer Science at the Universite de Bretagne Occidentale (University of Brest). Jerome Hugues is Associate Professor in the Department of Mathematics, Computer Science, and Control at the Institute for Space and Aeronautics Engineering (ISAE), Toulouse.
'By providing an extensive foundation for real-time and embedded systems programming, this book serves a much-needed role for both students and professional alike.' Patrick Rogers, AdaCore '... very well-written ... Building Parallel, Embedded, and Real-Time Applications with Ada is one of those volumes that makes you think, especially about the hard problems (like real-time, multitasking and multicore) facing the firmware world today. I recommend it.' Jack G. Ganssle, embedded.com
Table of contents
1. Introduction and overview; 2. Sequential programming with Ada; 3. Task basics; 4. Communication and synchronization based on shared objects; 5. Communication and synchronization based on direct interaction; 6. Distributed systems with Ada; 7. Real-time systems and scheduling concepts; 8. Real-time programming with Ada; 9. Tools for building and verifying real-time applications; Index.