""Building Emotional Intelligence" will be a welcome resource for parents and teachers seeking to teach children to slow down and listen to their inner voices."
- Marian Wright Edelman, President, Children's Defense Fund "We all know kids struggle with stress. Now, "Building Emotional Intelligence" tells us how to help. Lantieri's simple but powerful exercises will help you inoculate your child with crucial coping skills to face a range of life challenges."
- Rachel Simmons, author of "Odd Girl Out: The Hidden Culture of Aggression in Girls" "This is the best book I know to help children learn inner-life practices that can strengthen and sustain them. A moving mix of compassion, skillful means, and wisdom that can support young people growing up in a perilous but still promising world."
- Parker J. Palmer, author of "The Courage to Teach" "In this collaboration, Linda Lantieri and Dan Goleman form a dream team to help children discover and refine their deep inner capacities for well-being, calmness, relaxation, and emotional intelligence. Their program is a marvelous way for parents and their children to adventure together to build inner strengths and resiliency in dealing with the many stresses that children face in their daily lives."
- Jon Kabat-Zinn, Ph.D, Founding Director of the Stress Reduction Clinic and the Center for Mindfulness in Medicine, Health Care, and Society "This book is critically needed at this important time in education in the United States. Schools have been consumed with improving children's math and literacy skills, but too often have neglected the important impact of strong social and emotional learning skills."
- Carol Comeau, Superintendent, Anchorage School District & Chair, Executive Committee, the Council of Great City Schools "What a gift Linda Lantieri and Daniel Goleman give to children with "Building Emotional Intelligence"! The wonderful and appealing exercises and activities promise to cultivate inshow more