Britain by BikeHardback
List price $26.62
You save $5.97 22% off
Free delivery worldwide
Dispatched in 2 business days
When will my order arrive?
- Publisher: Batsford Ltd
- Format: Hardback | 200 pages
- Dimensions: 145mm x 196mm x 43mm | 567g
- Publication date: 7 June 2010
- Publication City/Country: London
- ISBN 10: 1906388717
- ISBN 13: 9781906388713
- Sales rank: 177,469
* The official book to accompany the BBC4 6 x 30min series, Britain by Bike * Includes extensive photography of Clare Balding's cycle rides across Britain * Nostalgic series and book inspired by the classic Cycling Touring Guides of the 1940s * Features 20 cycle routes of varying difficulty in Britain Join Clare Balding on some terrific cycle rides around Britain, whether it's a week-long cycling holiday or an afternoon ride with the family, the book has a cycle ride for everyone. Free-wheeling on and off road - along obscure lanes, bridleways and disused railway lines - Britain by Bike reveals a fresh perspective on our country. Revel in beautiful breathtaking and exhilarating cycle routes and scenery in the six regions of Britain and find out the unusual ways to enjoy these islands, whether it's going to green man festivals, learning local customs or resting up at remote campsites or posh yurts! Share in Clare Balding's practical and cycle-related challenge and learn how to make the most of pedal power with guidance on reading a map, puncture repair, bad weather and tricky terrain. Discover Britain by Bike.
Other books in this category
$10.23 - Save $3.85 27% off - RRP $14.08
$21.65 - Save $6.47 23% off - RRP $28.12
$23.89 - Save $4.29 15% off - RRP $28.18
$19.71 - Save $8.47 30% off - RRP $28.18
$22.07 - Save $6.05 21% off - RRP $28.12
$11.06 - Save $2.95 21% off - RRP $14.01
Jane Eastoe has been a journalist and author for 25 years. She has been writing for the National Trust Books list for the last 3 years and was the chief contributor to the National Trust Book of the Countryside, including the regional features. Her other books include Wild Food, Home Grown Fruit and Allotments. She is a softie cyclist, enjoying the Kent countryside, where she lives, on two wheels.
This charming guide charts Balding's progress around Britain's finest routes, interspersed with fascinating cultural and historical insights, complemented by a picture archive that'll have all tourers yearning for yesteryear. Countryfile, May 2010.