Brand Against the Machine: How to Build Your Brand, Cut Through the Marketing Noise, and Stand Out from the CompetitionHardback
List price $25.74
You save $6.62 25% off
Free delivery worldwide
Dispatched in 3 business days
When will my order arrive?
- Publisher: John Wiley & Sons Inc
- Format: Hardback | 210 pages
- Dimensions: 155mm x 231mm x 23mm | 408g
- Publication date: 16 December 2011
- Publication City/Country: New York
- ISBN 10: 1118103521
- ISBN 13: 9781118103524
- Sales rank: 162,228
Ditch traditional corporate branding to create a powerful, recognizable brand Brand Against the Machine offers proven and actionable steps for companies and entrepreneurs to increase their brand visibility and credibility, and to create an indispensable brand that consumers can relate to, thus becoming life-long customers. Discover the aspirational currency that makes your brand one that people want to be or want to be friends with. Learn how to be real with your audience and make strategic associations to establish credibility. Brand Against the Machine will help you stand out, get noticed, and be remembered. Brand Against the Machine is the blueprint for how to market your brand to attract better clients and stand out from the clutter that is traditional corporate branding and marketing. Instant Positioning Method: How to instantly stand out from the crowd and position yourself as a resource, not just another service provider The 20/60/20 Rule: Why it's important to take a stand and why it's okay to have haters--because it creates a stronger bond with those who love you Ditch your traditional corporate branding and marketing, and exchange it for something memorable. Your customers will thank you for it.
Other books in this category
USD$6.53 - Save $2.48 27% off - RRP $9.01
USD$22.08 - Save $8.22 27% off - RRP $30.30
USD$9.94 - Save $12.06 54% off - RRP $22.00
USD$8.92 - Save $3.19 26% off - RRP $12.11
USD$13.50 - Save $4.48 24% off - RRP $17.98
USD$21.35 - Save $15.00 41% off - RRP $36.35
John Morgan is the President of Brand Against the Machine, a company that specializes in personal and corporate branding and online marketing and helps entrepreneurs position themselves as leading authorities to their target market. John has worked with companies in more than 300 industries, including Fortune 500 companies and Hollywood celebrities. He regularly speaks to audiences ranging from 50 to 3,000 people and has been featured on FastCompany.com and MSNBC, among others.
Back cover copy
Praise for Against the Machine"John Morgan has something here. I'm a big fan of how he words things, and there's value in keeping a notepad handy. I changed something based on Morgan's work. You will too!"-- Chris Brogan, President, Human Business Works; author of Trust Agents"The subtitle of my first book, Six Pixels of Separation, was 'Everyone Is Connected. Connect Your Business to Everyone.' It's a nerve that John taps perfectly in Brand Against the Machine. In a world where every individual has the ability to broadcast their thoughts to the world, the brand as we have known it to date must be redefined. Brand Against The Machine is the new definition for brands. As John writes so cogently, you don't brand at people, you brand with people. How do you do that? Read on." -- Mitch Joel, President, Twist Image; author of Six Pixels of Separation"What you think your brand is doesn't matter anymore. The machine is broken. John has written an awesome book that goes over the how and why it's broken, but most importantly what you can do to Brand Against the Machine." -- Scott Stratten, author of UnMarketing: Stop Marketing. Start Engaging."Regardless of whether you are a solo-preneur in need of understanding branding and applying it to your business, or a longtime veteran of the branding wars, this book will provide you with some terrific wisdom and information. Utilize the contents of this book and accelerate your positioning in the marketplace and the money in your bank account." -- Bob Burg, coauthor of The Go-Giver and author of Endless Referrals"John Morgan's book is the ultimate branding wake-up call for any business. Your brand is about to take a double shot espresso . . . with a few sticks of TNT to stir it up." -- Mike Michalowicz, author of The Toilet Paper Entrepreneur
The machine blasts messages at the world and it does not care who you are or what you have to say or whether its message is relevant to you at all. The machine is a moron. You, however, are not. Which is why your brand needs to rage against the traditional forces of advertising. You must engage your audience and win their business by giving more and selling less. Yours must be a Brand Against the Machine.Brand Against the Machine offers proven and actionable steps for companies and entrepreneurs to increase their visibility and credibility, and create an indispensable brand that consumers can relate to, creating lifelong customers. Discover the aspirational currency that makes your brand one that people want to be or want to be friends with. Learn how to be real with your audience and make strategic associations to establish credibility. Brand Against the Machine will help you stand out, get noticed, and be remembered. Brand Against the Machine offers a blueprint for your brand framework, with step-by-step guidance, including: Know who your target audience is and what they wantDefine your position as the go-to authority in your industryDetermine your audience's problem and create a solution for themProduce valuable content that attracts your audience and engages themPromote yourself without pestering peopleOver-deliver on your promiseThe machine is a rusted piece of junk in the marketplace. Ditch traditional corporate branding and marketing, and exchange it for something memorable. Your customers will thank you for it.
Table of contents
1. The Machine 1 2. Why Branding? 5 3. The Brand Framework 11 4. Visibility versus Ability 14 5. Attention Doesn't Equal Trust 17 6. The Right Position 21 7. The Master Plan 24 8. Marketing versus Branding 27 9. Do You Believe? 30 10. Anchor Belief 34 11. Death of the Mundane 36 12. The Creation Story 39 13. Extra Ordinary 43 14. Bring the Noise 47 15. Content Explosion 50 16. Top Yourself 54 17. Welcome to the Social Parade 60 18. The Brand Conversation 67 19. Many Shades of You 70 20. Celebrity Currency 75 21. The Uncommon Brand 79 22. Dissident 82 23. Your Brand's Home Base 85 24. Shock and Awe 89 25. The Presentation Age 92 26. Video Made the Internet Star 96 27. Brand Alliance 99 28. Dirty Little Secret 102 29. Little Things 105 30. Race to the Bottom 108 31. Longing to Belong 111 32. Brand Without a Cause 114 33. Why Your Website Sucks 118 34. Misunderstood 120 35. The Hangout 124 36. Light the Fuse 127 37. Overnight Authority 130 38. Everything in Twos 133 39. Point of View 136 40. Back and Forth 138 41. Feeling Good 140 42. Everything You Do Is Branding 143 43. Hidden Brand Advocates 146 44. Come as You Are 148 45. The 20/60/20 Rule 152 46. The Real Thing 156 47. What's in a Name? 159 48. The Prospect Cycle 161 49. Viva La Failure 164 50. Know Your Enemy 168 51. Erase, Then Replace 171 52. The Sound of Silence 174 53. The 10:100 Method 178 54. Your Online Presence 181 55. Raise Your Standards 184 56. Warning: You've Been Lied To 186 57. Monitor and Measure 189 58. How to Ensure Your Brand Fails 193 59. What Is Killing Entrepreneurs? 195 60. Twenty Rules 197 61. Parting Shot 202 Special Offer 204 Acknowledgments 205 Index 208