- Publisher: A & C Black Publishers Ltd
- Format: Paperback | 64 pages
- Dimensions: 128mm x 196mm x 2mm | 220g
- Publication date: 31 July 2009
- Publication City/Country: London
- ISBN 10: 0713676957
- ISBN 13: 9780713676952
- Edition: 4, Revised
- Edition statement: 4th Revised edition
- Illustrations note: Colour photos and line drawings
- Sales rank: 178,166
Know the Game Bowls is the perfect introduction to the sport for all ages, whether you are a keen club player or beginner. It is packed with expert text, clear illustrations and photographs of the professionals in action. The book includes: Playing the game: how to play bowls, the rules, positions on the pitch, how to score The laws of the game: from scoring to umpiring Equipment and pitch: bowling balls, positioning of players, measuring The skills: step-by-step guide to all the basic skills, including throwing, tactics and scoring. The Know the Game series is firmly established as the definitive introduction to a wide range of sports and games. Written by the experts, you can be sure that they contain everything you need to know to take part.
Other people who viewed this bought:
Other books in this category
Each book is written and endorsed by the professional associations.
' An informative guidebook ' Bowls International (August 2009)