Billy Wilder's "Some Like it Hot!"Hardback
List price $200.00
Unavailable - AbeBooks may have this title.
- Publisher: Taschen GmbH
- Format: Hardback | 384 pages
- Dimensions: 287mm x 478mm x 56mm | 4,218g
- Publication date: 30 September 2002
- Publication City/Country: Cologne
- ISBN 10: 3822860565
- ISBN 13: 9783822860564
- Illustrations note: 843 colour and b&w illustrations
Find out everything you could ever want to know (and more) about the movie voted best comedy of the century by the American Film Institute. A daring tale of cross-dressing from a time when the subject was all but taboo, Some Like it Hot (1959) tells the story of two jazz musicians who are forced to go undercover in an all-girls' band to escape from the mob. With an ingenious screenplay by I.A.L. Diamond and Billy Wilder, and flawless performances from Tony Curtis, Jack Lemmon and the famously difficult Marilyn Monroe, Some Like it Hot is the embodiment of comic perfection.
Other books in this category
USD$7.34 - Save $1.97 21% off - RRP $9.31
USD$3.98 - Save $0.01 - RRP $3.99
USD$12.73 - Save $1.24 (8%) - RRP $13.97
USD$10.74 - Save $4.79 30% off - RRP $15.53
USD$13.52 - Save $2.01 12% off - RRP $15.53
"It is the best comedy script I ever read and probably ever will read. I just can't imagine a comedy script that could be better. It's one of the best films I've ever seen. - Jack Lemmon
Table of contents
- Interviews with Billy Wilder, Tony Curtis, Jack Lemmon, and others - Complete facsimile of the screenplay with film stills from every scene - Excerpts from the script's first draft - Behind-the-scenes photos - Original promotional materials from all around the world - Annotated/illustrated Billy Wilder filmography *Extra special bonus: Marilyn Monroe's personal promptbook (with her handwritten comments), which recently sold at auction for $60,000, is provided in facsimile as a pull-out booklet!