Battle BeastsPaperback Battle Beasts
List price $21.09
You save $6.73 31% off
Free delivery worldwide
Dispatched in 2 business days
When will my order arrive?
- Publisher: Idea & Design Works
- Format: Paperback | 104 pages
- Dimensions: 170mm x 260mm x 8mm | 381g
- Publication date: 18 December 2012
- Publication City/Country: San Diego
- ISBN 10: 1613774176
- ISBN 13: 9781613774175
- Illustrations note: chiefly Illustrations (chiefly col.)
- Sales rank: 1,207,786
- It's just another average day for Bliss, an ignored linguist at the Department of Defense. However, when Bliss unlocks the secret translation of an ancient scroll, terror rains from the sky...in the form of the Battle Beasts! Unstoppable creatures armed to the teeth, the Battle Beasts are determined to make Earth their own personal war zone. Nothing can stop their merciless carnage. Nothing except, perhaps, a gentle word from the one woman who can understand them - Bliss!
Other books in this category
$8.54 - Save $3.18 27% off - RRP $11.72
$20.48 - Save $6.06 22% off - RRP $26.54
$11.14 - Save $6.03 35% off - RRP $17.17
$11.47 - Save $5.70 33% off - RRP $17.17
$48.83 - Save $21.46 30% off - RRP $70.29
$8.15 - Save $4.33 34% off - RRP $12.48
By Nicola Mansfield 20 Dec 2012
Reason for Reading: This type of comic appeals to me.
After a linguist cracks the code to a language on an ancient scroll found with some otherworldly orbs she utters a phrase aloud and unleashes a horde of beasts upon earth. They have all been summoned by her, are looking for her, and the items she obviously must possess. But amongst these battle-happy war-like beast are three who are not like the others. They want the items, and others like them, powerful weapons, to remain out of the hands of their kind and possibly find a way themselves to use them for the purposes of peace.
I don't have much comment on this book. It was a quick fun read. The 3 beasts and Bliss, the linguist were interesting characters though their personalities have only been scratched, being rather stereotypical "types" at the moment. The book is too short to really get anywhere other than a cursory story going, though it does look promising. I won't be in a rush for the next volume but could easily try a few more when they are further down the road with the series.