Atlantis: The Antediluvian World: Atlantean Megalithic CivilizationPaperback
Free delivery worldwide
Dispatched in 3 business days
When will my order arrive?
- Publisher: Createspace
- Format: Paperback | 266 pages
- Dimensions: 148mm x 206mm x 6mm | 100g
- Publication date: 14 June 2012
- Publication City/Country: North Charleston SC
- ISBN 10: 1477657088
- ISBN 13: 9781477657089
- Illustrations note: black & white illustrations
- Sales rank: 1,211,117
1. That there once existed in the Atlantic Ocean, opposite the mouth of the Mediterranean Sea, a large island, which was the remnant of an Atlantic continent, and known to the ancient world as Atlantis. 2. That the description of this island given by Plato is not, as has been long supposed, fable, but veritable history. 3. That Atlantis was the region where man first rose from a state of barbarism to civilization. 4. That it became, in the course of ages, a populous and mighty nation, from whose overflowings the shores of the Gulf of Mexico, the Mississippi River, the Amazon, the Pacific coast of South America, the Mediterranean, the west coast of Europe and Africa, the Baltic, the Black Sea, and the Caspian were populated by civilized nations.
Other people who viewed this bought:
Other books in this category
USD$7.99 - Save $3.87 32% off - RRP $11.86
USD$20.86 - Save $7.34 26% off - RRP $28.20
USD$27.32 - Save $9.79 26% off - RRP $37.11
USD$35.43 - Save $1.69 (4%) - RRP $37.12
USD$7.81 - Save $2.57 24% off - RRP $10.38
USD$14.22 - Save $8.79 38% off - RRP $23.01
Ignatius Loyola Donnelly (November 3, 1831 - January 1, 1901) was a U.S. Congressman, populist writer and amateur scientist, known primarily now for his theories concerning Atlantis, Catastrophism (especially the idea of an ancient impact event affecting ancient civilizations), and Shakespearean authorship. Brother to Eleanor C. Donnelly, Donnelly's work had important influence on the writings of late 19th and early 20th century figures such as Helena Blavatsky, Rudolf Steiner, and James Churchward and has more recently influenced writer Graham Hancock. Donnelly's concept of Atlantis as an antediluvian civilization became the inspiration for the 1969 pop song hit Atlantis by Donovan and the 2009 film 2012 by Roland Emmerich.