Arthur Rackham: A Life with IllustrationHardback
List price $39.01
You save $11.78 30% off
Free delivery worldwide
Dispatched in 2 business days
When will my order arrive?
- Publisher: PAVILION BOOKS
- Format: Hardback | 200 pages
- Dimensions: 228mm x 308mm x 22mm | 1,402g
- Publication date: 1 April 2011
- Publication City/Country: London
- ISBN 10: 1862058946
- ISBN 13: 9781862058941
- Illustrations note: Over 180 colour and black and white images
- Sales rank: 89,127
* A fascinating insight into the personality, career and work of one of the world's most collectable illustrators * Filled with enchanting pictures and authoritative text In this fascinating book, art historian James Hamilton examines the work and life of the illustrator Arthur Rackham. Rackham's illustrations for works such as Rip Van Winkle, Peter Pan in Kensington Gardens, Alice in Wonderland and A Midsummer Night's Dream have attained the classic status of the writings themselves - indeed, in some cases they have become synonymous with them. Rackham himself, however, has previously remained a shadowy figure. As well as featuring exquisite illustrations and sketches, extracts from Rackham's correspondence and insightful commentary from James Hamilton shed new light on this much collected illustrator.
Add item to wishlist
Other people who viewed this bought:
USD$11.87 - Save $10.74 47% off - RRP $22.61
USD$15.76 - Save $13.87 46% off - RRP $29.63
USD$12.15 - Save $12.80 51% off - RRP $24.95
USD$29.18 - Save $30.09 50% off - RRP $59.27
USD$17.94 - Save $13.25 42% off - RRP $31.19
USD$26.91 - Save $12.10 31% off - RRP $39.01
Other books in this category
USD$29.07 - Save $5.24 15% off - RRP $34.31
USD$18.13 - Save $5.26 22% off - RRP $23.39
USD$27.54 - Save $3.66 11% off - RRP $31.20
USD$83.60 - Save $49.02 36% off - RRP $132.62
USD$15.15 - Save $4.80 24% off - RRP $19.95
USD$11.55 - Save $4.04 25% off - RRP $15.59
James Hamilton is Curator at the University of Birmingham, and has worked at the Ulster Museum, Belfast, Portsmouth and Wakefield City Art Galleries, the Mappin Art Gallery in Sheffield and as a Director of the Yorkshire Contemporary Art Group. He organised a seminal Arthur Rackham exhibition at Sheffield, Bristol and the Victoria and Albert Museum in 1979/80 and has written written biographies of J. M. W. Turner and William Heath Robinson.
"Examining the work of the illustrator Arthur Rackham, this monograph chases his achievements throughout his illustration career." --"The San Francisco Book Review"