Around the world in 80 plants: An edible perrenial vegetable adventure for temperate climatesPaperback
List price $29.62
You save $7.44 25% off
Free delivery worldwide
Dispatched in 3 business days
When will my order arrive?
- Publisher: Permanent Publications
- Format: Paperback | 304 pages
- Dimensions: 168mm x 238mm x 16mm | 620g
- Publication date: 15 January 2015
- Publication City/Country: East Meon, Hampshire
- ISBN 10: 1856231410
- ISBN 13: 9781856231411
- Illustrations note: full colour throughout, includes photographs
- Sales rank: 77,468
* Introduces us to the author's top 80 perennial leafy green vegetables This book will be of interest both to traditional vegetable and even ornamental gardeners. It includes recipes inspired by local traditional gastronomy. This book takes us on an original and inspiring adventure around the temperate world, introducing us to the author's top 80 perennial leafy green vegetables. We are taken underground gardening in Tokyo, beach gardening in the UK, and traditional roof gardening in the Norwegian mountains...There are stories of the wild foraging traditions of indigenous people in all continents: from the Maori of New Zealand and the rich food traditions of the Mediterranean peoples to the high altitude food plants of the Sherpas in the Himalayas. Around the World in 80 Plants will be of interest both to traditional vegetable and ornamental. A thorough description is given of each vegetable, its traditions, stories, cultivation, where to source seed and plants, and how to propagate it. Sprinkled with recipes inspired by local traditional gastronomy, this is a fascinating book, an entertaining adventure, and a real milestone in climate-friendly vegetable growing from a pioneering expert on the subject.
Other books in this category
USD$38.84 - Save $5.70 12% off - RRP $44.54
USD$9.89 - Save $1.91 16% off - RRP $11.80
USD$16.47 - Save $2.48 13% off - RRP $18.95
USD$16.36 - Save $5.64 25% off - RRP $22.00
USD$8.57 - Save $3.29 27% off - RRP $11.86
USD$37.60 - Save $6.94 15% off - RRP $44.54
Dr. Stephen Barstow has devoted 30 years to trialling the world's perennial vegetables - just witness his salad comprising 528 varieties in 2003, earning him the title of 'Extreme Salad Man'!