- Publisher: Dover Publications Inc.
- Format: Paperback | 160 pages
- Dimensions: 211mm x 277mm x 13mm | 454g
- Publication date: 28 May 2004
- Publication City/Country: New York
- ISBN 10: 0486433951
- ISBN 13: 9780486433950
- Edition statement: Dover.
- Illustrations note: Illustrations (some col.), maps
- Sales rank: 953,975
The first conflict to use iron-clad gunboats, metallic cartridges, and submarines, the Civil War also introduced such inventions as the telegraph and military balloons, utilized by the Signal Corps. This comprehensive reference describes these and many other forms of arms and military equipment employed during the war, including pontoon bridges, percussion grenades, "freak guns," siege artillery, mines, and torpedoes. Profusely illustrated with the author's own drawings, the text provides a fresh perspective on how military resources decided the outcome of not only battle -- but the war as well.
Add item to wishlist
Other books in this category
USD$17.58 - Save $1.86 (9%) - RRP $19.44
USD$11.61 - Save $3.98 25% off - RRP $15.59
USD$7.15 - Save $0.80 10% off - RRP $7.95
USD$11.89 - Save $3.70 23% off - RRP $15.59
USD$20.66 - Save $13.66 39% off - RRP $34.32
USD$47.59 - Save $7.02 12% off - RRP $54.61