About Face 3: The Essentials of Interaction DesignPaperback
List price $44.62
Unavailable - AbeBooks may have this title.
- Publisher: John Wiley & Sons Ltd
- Format: Paperback | 648 pages
- Dimensions: 188mm x 234mm x 30mm | 771g
- Publication date: 5 July 2007
- Publication City/Country: Chichester
- ISBN 10: 0470084111
- ISBN 13: 9780470084113
- Edition statement: Revised ed.
- Illustrations note: Illustrations
- Sales rank: 45,553
This completely updated volume presents the effective and practical tools you need to design great desktop applications, Web 2.0 sites, and mobile devices. You'll learn the principles of good product behavior and gain an understanding of Cooper's Goal-Directed Design method, which involves everything from conducting user research to defining your product using personas and scenarios. Ultimately, you'll acquire the knowledge to design the best possible digital products and services.
Other people who viewed this bought:
USD$24.43 - Save $9.42 27% off - RRP $33.85
USD$43.07 - Save $30.05 41% off - RRP $73.12
USD$20.24 - Save $8.99 30% off - RRP $29.23
USD$13.64 - Save $7.14 34% off - RRP $20.78
USD$41.47 - Save $4.69 10% off - RRP $46.16
USD$28.48 - Save $12.31 30% off - RRP $40.79
Other books in this category
USD$38.68 - Save $21.34 35% off - RRP $60.02
USD$25.23 - Save $13.24 34% off - RRP $38.47
USD$32.74 - Save $10.35 24% off - RRP $43.09
USD$41.15 - Save $20.41 33% off - RRP $61.56
USD$21.40 - Save $12.45 36% off - RRP $33.85
USD$33.30 - Save $18.27 35% off - RRP $51.57
For over 30 years Alan Cooper has been a pioneer of the modern computing era. His groundbreaking work in software design and construction has influenced a generation of programmers and business people-and helped a generation of users. He is best known as the "Father of Visual Basic," inventor of personas, and founder of Cooper, the leading design consultancy. As Director of Design R&D at Cooper, Robert Reimann led dozens of design projects and helped develop many of the methods described in About Face 3. Currently, he is Manager of User Experience at Bose Corporation and President of IxDA, the Interaction Design Association. David Cronin is Director of Interaction Design at Cooper, where he's led the design of products for such diverse users as surgeons, museum visitors, online shoppers, automobile drivers, financial analysts, and the elderly.
Back cover copy
When the first edition of About Face was published in 1995, the idea of designing products based on human goals was a revolutionary concept. Thanks to the work of Alan Cooper and other pioneers, interaction design is now widely recognized as a unique and vital discipline, but our work is far from finished.This completely updated volume presents the effective and practical tools you need to design great desktop applications, Web 2.0 sites, and mobile devices. This book will teach you the principles of good product behavior and introduce you to Cooper's Goal-Directed Design method, from conducting user research to defining your product using personas and scenarios. In short, About Face 3 will show you how to design the best possible digital products and services.
Table of contents
1. Goal-Directed Design. 2. Implementation Models and Mental Models. 3. Beginners, Experts, and Intermediates. 4. Understanding Users: Qualitative Research. 5. Modeling Users: Personas and Goals. 6. The Foundations of Design: Scenarios and Requirements. 7. From Requirements to Design: the Interaction Framework and Design Refinement. 8. Patterns and Principles. 9. Platform and Posture. 10. Orchestration and Flow. 11. Eliminating Excise. 12. Making Software Considerate and Smart. 13. Metaphors and Idioms. 14. Visual Interface Design. 15. Searching and Finding: Improving Data Retrieval. 16. Understanding Undo. 17. Rethinking Files and Save. 18. Improving Data Entry. 19. Selection, Direct Manipulation and Mouse Interactions. 20. Window Behaviors. 21. Controls. 22. Menus. 23. Toolbars and ToolTips. 24. Dialogs. 25. Errors, Alerts, and Confirmation. 26. Designing for Different Needs. Afterword. Appendix A. Design Principles. Appendix B. Bibliography.