100 Years of Rugby League: A Celebration of the Greatest Game of AllPaperback
List price $24.24
Unavailable - AbeBooks may have this title.
- Publisher: Hachette Australia
- Format: Paperback | 368 pages
- Dimensions: 150mm x 235mm x 20mm | 440g
- Publication date: 1 September 2007
- Publication City/Country: Sydney
- ISBN 10: 0733621325
- ISBN 13: 9780733621321
- Illustrations note: Section: 8, col/16 b/w white pix
- Sales rank: 418,535
In 2008, Rugby League celebrates 100 years of history in Australia. Long known as 'the greatest game of all' it is the dominant code in New South Wales and Queensland, and in recent years it has gained a foothold in Victoria and beyond. This is the story of the game over those years: the great eras and the great games; the great players - from Dally Messenger to Andrew Johns; the always passionate (and sometimes bitter) rivalry of the State of Origin games; the overseas tours; and in recent years, the Super League turmoil, through to the present era. It is a popular - yet authoritative - account, aimed at the general reader, not simply the dedicated fan.